Very good condition early Porsche 928 5-speed, showing just over 63K miles on a working odometer. Recently repainted in its original Silver Metallic, finish shows good with some blemishes. Interior shows very good with reupholstered seats and Sliverknit carpet installed by Bob Budd at Classic9. Substantially mechanically & electrically serviced and restored.
This 928 has been prepared for consignment and offered here by 928 Classics.
Price: $26,900 - SOLD 2018
VIN: 928 820 0338
- Production Number 1739
- Build Date: January 1978
- Engine Number: M28/03 - s/n 8280348
- Transmission Number: G28/03 - s/n 1181595
- Exterior Color: Silbermetallic (Silver Metallic) #936
- Interior Color: Black w/Black-White checkerboard velour (Pasha)
- Early build, numbers matching, original silver w/pasha 5-speed 928 - no rub-strips, no sunroof.
- Original spare tire, jack w/bag, lug wrench, tool kit w/yellow screwdriver, OSRAM spare bulb kit, spare belt w/tag, spare spark plugs (2), tire changing gloves, spare tire cover.
- Many 78-only features - stainless steel gas cap, battery box cover, small-louver vents, chrome door locks
- Matching and working locks & ignition - one key
- Ownership history - purchased #338 out of TX in 2007 with approx 59K miles. Previous Owner (PO) is a mechanic and #338 was his first 928. He did the timing belt/water pump, cam seals, clutch and other general mechanicals. He also had the car professionally painted in early 2013. Current owner & serious 928 enthusiast purchased #338 in July 2016, and sent the car directly to Bob Budd at Classic9 Leathershop for interior carpet, seats & other reupholstery work. CO recently picked up the car, then sent it to me for further service and restoration work in Jan 2018. CO is selling because he has another Silver '78 and a Silver '79. So he made the choice to sell #338.